Wednesday, November 20, 2013

(Exercise 5.3)

In class today we took our rough draft and cut it up as separate paragraphs. We look at each paragraph individually to see if the whole paragraph related back to our thesis sentence. If the paragraph went back to the thesis sentence we were to put it in a keep pile and if it went off topic we were to place it in a discard pile. At the end all of mine were in the keep pile except for one of my paragraphs. The reason I placed this paragraph in the discard pile was because one of the sentences led the paragraph away from my thesis statement. For tonight blog post we need to answer two questions: 1.) Experiment with the order/structure of your paragraphs. Try at least two different set-ups. How are they different? The new layouts are different from my original because my paragraphs were placed in different orders. My introduction did no change, but I arranged my other paragraphs to flow better and so that the paragraphs would follow after each other by topics.  What did you learn? That the way I had my essay laid out the first time may not have been the best fit. 2.) How did this whole process help you re-see your essay? It allowed me to see that there is multiple ways to organize my essay and it gave me better layouts for my essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment