Friday, November 15, 2013

Three Ways In (Exercise 4.3)

     For tonight's assignment we need to come up with three different leads or beginnings for our research paper. The leads need to be one to two paragraphs in length depending on what type of lead we choose: anecdote, scene, profile, background, quotation, dialogue, question, contrast, or announcement.
Lead 1: (Profile)
Craig Tanner is a professional photographer and teacher. Craig did not believe at first that what he did to be therapeutic photography but his way of taking the photos and teaching photography he has come to believe is therapeutic. He uses his approach to photography as a life message.Tanner is an example of how one can use a common use of photography as a therapeutic tool in life.
Lead 2: (Quotation) 
"It made me forget, every time I came here I forgot about all my worries, I seem to have left my worries at home. I mean to come back to them but its given me a focus." This quote is from a participant who went to a photography workshop. The client is describing photography being used as a distraction and how when he has the opportunity to go to the workshop his worries seem to disappear. He knows that when he goes home those worries are still going to be there, but that photography workshop offers a break from the real world. Not to mention it gives him a chance to be in control of his own world.
Lead 3: (Question)
Did you know that therapeutic photography can be beneficial when it comes to coping mechanisms? In this essay I want to express that photography can be useful in many aspects. Not only does it help our talents and abilities, but it teaches us about ourselves and our trials. Photography is an excellent hobby to use if you want to find something positive to help you cope. Photography has helped me and I want to express how it can be used to help people in a positive way.




1 comment: